For the sake of information and transparency, Bureau Veritas has defined this policy to allow you to know more about:
- the origin and purpose of the information processed during your browsing on the Site;
- your rights regarding cookies and other tracers used by Bureau Veritas.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies, or other similar tracers, are data used by a server to send status information to a user's browser, and by that browser to return status information to the origin server.
The status information can be for example a session identifier, a language, an expiration date, etc.
Cookies are used to keep, during their validity, status information when a browser accesses the different pages of a website or when this browser later returns to this website.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR ON THE SITE?
COOKIES STRICTLY NECESSARY TO FACILITATE NAVIGATION ON THE SITE
These cookies have in particular vocation to:
- manage the authentication of Internet users and the associated security, and ensure the proper functioning of the authentication module;
- optimize the user experience and facilitate navigation, in particular via the determination of "technical routes" of navigation;
- remember the information that the user saw the "cookies" information banner and continued browsing, thus consenting to the insertion of cookies on his terminal;
- implement security measures (for example when you are asked to re-connect to a content or service after a certain period of time, or to ensure the basic functionality of the Site and the use of their main technical features such as performance monitoring and navigation errors, user session management, etc.).
These cookies are intended in particular to:
- adapt the Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages depending on the terminal you use and the location of the one here, etc.);
- memorize certain information that you enter on the Site in order to facilitate and personalize your next browsing (including displaying the name and surname of the identified user if he / she has a user account);
- allow you to access your personal spaces more quickly by memorizing identifiers or data that you have previously indicated.
AUDIENCE TRACKING COOKIES
These cookies are intended to improve the comfort of users by helping us understand your interactions with the Site (most visited pages, applications used, etc.); these cookies can make it possible to carry out statistics, or to test different displays in order to improve the interest and the ergonomics of our services.
These cookies are intended (i) to offer you, in the advertising space, relevant targeted content that may interest you (best offers, other destinations, ...) based on your interests, your navigation, your preferences, etc. and (ii) limit the number of ad appearances.
These cookies identify the original third party website that has redirected the user to the Site.
Social network cookies (placed by third parties)
These cookies allow you to share on your social networks, your opinion on the Site and share content (eg: "Share" or "Like" application buttons from social networks).
The social networking applications on the Site as mentioned above may in certain cases allow the corresponding social networks to identify you, even if you have not clicked on the application buttons. Indeed, this type of button can allow the social network to follow your navigation on the Site, just because your account to the social network concerned is activated on your device (open session) during your navigation.
We recommend that you consult the policies of these social networks to learn about the purposes of use, including advertising, navigation information they can collect. In particular, these policies should enable you to exercise your choices with these social networks, in particular by setting up your usage accounts for each one of them.
COOKIES SUBJECT TO YOUR CONSENT
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, during your first visit to the Site, you are asked, by the presence of a banner of information on the home page of the Site, if you accept the installation of this type of cookies. Cookies will only be activated after your acceptance by continuing your navigation on the Site.
You can always return to your choice by the various means described in the section "How to manage cookies? ".
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
Several options are available to manage cookies and other tracers.
You can configure your browser to:
- to accept all cookies, or
- reject them systematically, or
- again to choose the ones you accept according to their transmitters.
Do not forget to set all browsers for your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers ..).
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change your wishes for cookies.
"Flash" cookies © of "Adobe Flash Player" ™
"Adobe Flash Player" ™ is a computer application that allows the rapid development of dynamic content using the "Flash" computer language. Flash (and similar apps) remembers the settings, preferences, and usage of this content through technology similar to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player" ™ manages this information and your choices via an interface different from that provided by your browser.
The registration of a cookie in your terminal is essentially subordinate to your will, which you can express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered to you by your browser.
If your browser is set to accept cookies in your device, cookies embedded in the pages and contents you have viewed may be stored temporarily in a dedicated area of your device. They will be read only by their issuer.