A Comprehensive Range of Testing & Inspection Services for the LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) Industry
The drive to reduce emissions has resulted in an increased reliance & importation of natural gas as a main source of clean energy. Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel, producing less emissions and pollutants than either coal or oil.
Natural gas is transported from distant sources in the form of LNG. Since LNG occupies only a fraction (1/600) of the volume of natural gas, and takes up less space, it is more economical to transport across large distances and can be stored in larger quantities.
The trade of LNG is currently based on a complex scheme of measurement methods and calculations for determining the LNG amount and composition.
Measuring gas accurately is increasingly more critical, particularly as new LNG facilities are planned to come on-line in the near future, leading to an increase in the amount of LNG exports. The challenge for these new suppliers of LNG will be to meet the exact measurement requirements of their trading partners – that is, to deliver a product with the correct calorific value.
The main issues are:
- A lack of indisputable measurement standards; and
- No international standards (currently there are only guidelines) governing the measurement methods
At Inspectorate we believe that dealing in LNG is a commercial business with an increasing need for inspection and control. Inspectorate delivers integrated solutions for the global Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and wider gas industries.
Our LNG team supports the LNG supply chain by:
- Providing highly skilled services to the production, transport, storage and custody transfer of LNG cargo;
- Offering global LNG solutions to vessel owners, operators and traders of LNG; and
- Helping clients confidently manage risk and exposure.
INSPECTORATE INDIA'S EXPERT LNG SERVICES
- Inspection of LNG Custody Transfer, Witnessing and Energy Calculations Reporting
- Calculating and confirming the Volume of LNG unloaded from the vessel’s tanks
- Calculating and confirming the Volume of LNG boiled off from the Vessel during the voyage
- Master Sales Agreement Contract Review and Consultation
- Checking of Vessel’s CTMS compliance to the applicable SPA
- Bunker Survey of Vessel Stem (Quantity & Quality)
- Delivery and Re-Delivery Inspections (Charterer On-Hire and Off-Hire Inspections)